DUE TO THE COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC, PATIENT SERVICES FOR DENTAL ARE NOW LIMITED. PLEASE CALL 406-745-3525 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Comprehensive dental services are provided at two new modern dental clinics that include digital x-ray technology and the newest dental health delivery systems.Through a Tribal Council directive, dental programs prioritize children under the age of 18, elders, and recipients with diabetes. Resources are also utilized to expand community based prevention programs into all Flathead Reservation school districts, Head Start facilities, and nursing homes.
Comprehensive dental services, available to all qualifying Tribal Health recipients, include:
- Primary care to prevent the onset of oral disease, including individual and community health promotion and disease prevention.
- Routine diagnostic evaluation and treatment to control the early stage of disease. This includes exams, fillings, scaling and polishing, pulpotomies, stainless steel crowns, and root canals.
- Pediatric (children’s) dentistry.
- Emergency services to control or relieve acute oral conditions (such as toothache).
- Early childhood services and public school screening and sealant programs.
- Nursing home program providing on-site oral and dental services for elders once a month.
- School health fairs program, providing education regarding oral health and hygiene while sparking interest in health care professions for future leaders.
- Root canals (limited to anterior, bicuspid, and first molars)
- Oral surgery
*These procedures involve a lab fee and completion of comprehensive dental work for qualifying recipients.
Dental hygiene is provided by dental health professionals, and includes services such as:
- Applying preventative materials to the teeth (fluorides and sealants).
- Counseling and educating recipients on oral hygiene strategies and good nutrition.
- Making impressions for study casts.
- Oral health assessments, oral health history review, oral cancer, and head and neck evaluations.
- Removing calculus and plaque (tartar) from teeth.
- Taking and assessing dental radiographs.