Welcome Michael D. Lawrence, new Tribal Health Pharmacist.
- PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy)
- BCPS (Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist)
What are the primary duties of your new position?
- I will be working as a community care pharmacist 2 days per week in Polson and as an ambulatory care pharmacist 2 days per week in St. Ignatius.
Where did you receive your education?
- University of Montana School of Pharmacy (Missoula, Montana); Class of 2017
What is your prior experience relevant to your new position?
- Completed a residency at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Seattle, Washington.
- Worked for 2 years at an Urban Indian Health Center in Western Washington.
Are you a Tribal Member?
Where are you from?
- Lake Stevens, Washington.
Why did you choose a career in health?
- To be in service to others and to contribute to the community.
What are you excited about in your new position?
- Very excited to be back in Montana!
- I am also looking forward to meeting new friends, colleagues, and patients in the area.
- I am hoping to make Western Montana home for a long time to come.
What activities and/or hobbies do you pursue in your free time?
- Guitar, Music, Reading, Hiking, Cooking, and DIY Projects.