Ways to stay safe during this holiday and ceremony season:
- Get vaccinated, there is still time! Even one dose will start the process of providing protection.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from other people when possible.
- When in public, wear a mask over your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands before touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. When this is not possible, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors.
- Consider using a self-test before joining indoor gatherings, a positive test result means that you may have an infection and should isolate and inform your close contacts to avoid spreading the infection to others. Call the COVID call line 406-849-5798 for assistance.
- Monitor your health daily: Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, and take your temperature if symptoms develop. A temperature over 100.4 means you have a fever caused by an infection or illness.
HOW DO I GET VACCINATED?
COVID vaccinations are available to anyone ages 5+ years. COVID booster shots are also available for anyone over 16+ years old (6 months after the second dose for Pfizer or Moderna; and 2 months after first dose of Johnson & Johnson).
The easiest way to get a COVID vaccine is to walk-in to either the Polson or St. Ignatius Pharmacy and ask for the shot.
COVID vaccination appointments for youth aged 5-11 years can also be made online at https://www.mtreadyclinic.org. Please search for appointments using key words: Tribal Health.
A regular COVID vaccination clinic is being held at the Ronan Health Center for ages 5-11 only. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins will not be turned away.
Ronan Health Center - Ronan
Wednesdays 3:30 - 5:30 PM
(Ages 5 - 11 years ONLY)
Please call Tribal Health at 406-745-3525 for more information.