Welcome to the journey of Being in a Good Way with Tribal Health of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. Tribal Health invites you to learn more about our improved Tribal Health centers and services.
Our promise to you:
We are dedicated to helping every Tribal Health recipient receive high-quality health care grounded in our Tribal values.
First, get established as a Tribal Health recipient:
Tribal Health services are available to enrolled tribal members of a federally recognized tribe or any generation of tribal descendancy.
What Tribal Health needs to establish eligibility for services:
- Proof of Tribal Enrollment or Descendancy (official letter from the tribe)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- 1 Item for proof of residency (electric bill, rent/lease receipt, valid MT Driver's license with your current physical address or a voter registration card with your current address and/or residential phone bill dated within the last 30 days).
- Medicaid, Medicare and/or HMK Card OR letter of denial (copy both sides of the card)
Pregnant women also need to submit:
- Statement from your OB-GYN with Due Date
College Students also need to submit the following:
- Student status verification (official letter/official transcripts from the institute verifying full-time student status and duration of attendance)
- Contract Health Service eligibility letter from home reservation
If all required documents are NOT submitted with your application your eligibility status will be "Direct Care Only". An Eligibility Determination for "Purchase Referred Care" cannot be made until your application is complete. This means there will be no medical services paid by IHS medical treatment received outside of our facility.
What people can expect from Tribal Health:
- Highest quality customer service provided by well-trained staff
- Notice of privacy practices
- Review of Tribal Health recipient rights and responsibilities